My Winter Fashion Essentials

Winter time is great for getting out all those cosy jumpers and snug boots to keep you warm so I thought I would show you a few fashion essentials that I love to keep me going through winter.

First up is jumpers, probably the most essential item for winter.  This year I've been loving bright neon coloured jumpers and I bought the coolest one from Glamorous earlier this year.  It comes in one size so it has a different fit on everyone.  I'm quite small so it's rather baggy on me but I love wearing it with skinny jeans and a long scarf like I've worn below.




Next up is jeans.  Jeans just go with everything so it's good to have a few decent pairs.  I really like the ripped ones that are out at the moment and have been looking at this pair from Missguided 


I also really like the waxy finish look ones that kind of look leather from afar but aren't.  I have them in black and at the weekend purchased some in burgundy.  The black ones are from River Island although I'm not sure they still sell them but the burgundy are from Tesco and a bargain at just £18!




My next winter fashion essential is a chunky cardigan.  I love throwing these on over a t-shirt and leggings for ultimate comfort.  I can wear this if I'm just chilling around the house or running to the shops.  ASOS do some really nice ones. 


I bought one similar to this last year which you can see me wearing in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U19dhsvlZoU).

Scarves!  I'm obssessed with scarves and didn't actually realise how bad I was until I realised I had 3 drawers full of them!  So yesterday I bought a new scarf that I just had to have (and yeah I'd seen Millie Mackintosh with something similar), it was this beautiful black fur snood from Next (http://www.next.co.uk/g492224s1#882037g49) and it's so soft and so warm!  It pretty much goes with anything and it also comes in cream or leopard print.

Combat boots are another winter essential because they are guaranteed to keep your feet warm with a pair of thick socks.  They are really comfortable too so ideal when walking around outside especially if it has been rainy or snowy etc.  I bought this pair from Tesco.




Ankles boots are also really good in the winter when going out or dressing up.  They still look really stylish and you can get heeled ones for some height but they will still keep you warm.  Perfect!  Kurt Geiger and Office have some great pairs and I think I mentioned the KG ones I wanted in my last post so you can check them out there if you wanted to..

Then obviously the main winter essential is a coat!  Can't go anywhere in this weather without being wrapped up warm so why not look stylish at the same time.  Zara have got some awesome parka coats in at the moment like this one that just looks super cosy (http://www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/coats/nylon-anorak-c269183p1293338.html) or you could go for something a bit smarter such as the coat I bought from Zara last year which was black wool with pleather sleeves.  It's not as warm as a parka but with a big scarf you'll be fine!

Finally you want to have a good bag in winter.  There are different colours about in winter where the seasons change and I prefer to have a darker colour bag.  I've been pinning over an Aspinal of London bag for ages (yep the one Millie has!) so when I saw they were doing 20% off on Black Friday I just had to purchase it!!  So here it is, my beautiful new addition, the Marylebone Tote.

























So that's about everything I can think of.  I hope you found this helpful.

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts