January Faves: Beauty, Skincare & Makeup Reviews

So we're at the end of January already and I thought I would show you a few things I've been loving this month.  There's not loads as I haven't been using heaps of new products but I thought I'd share with you what I have been using.


First is this liquid eyeliner by Benefit.  I got this from my sister for Christmas so have been using it for about a month now.  I really like the winged eyeliner look but could never get it quite right on myself and this one makes it really easy because the tip is so small so you can be pretty precise with it.  It also wipes off quite easily if you make a mistake.  I also like that it drys looking shiny.


Next is this facial scrub by Olay.  I actually only bought this because it was on offer in Superdrug but I do really like it.  I have dry/normal skin so it doesn't dry my skin out too much and is quite gentle and smoothing.  I feel like it's really cleared up any blemishes I had and I use it every 3 days although I'd say you could probably use it everyday if your skin isn't too sensitive because it really is so gentle.


Another Benefit product!  I'm sure most of you have heard all the hype about this and it's apparently the best selling primer in the beauty world at the moment.  I can totally believe that because it really does work wonders.  It minimises pores and creates a beautifully smooth canvas for you to apply your foundation.  It does seem a little pricey but I think the tube will last quite a while because you only need a small amount and it is so worth it.  If you don't have this primer already, WHY NOT?!


I have been absolutely loving this palette ever since I bought it about a month ago and have not stopped using it since!  It is a must have if you love nude colours on your eyes like I do.  I'm a big fan of the Naked palettes but I find they don't always offer a lot of matte colours.  This palette has an equal mix of matte and shimmer colours so it's great if you don't want to keep swapping between palettes, you don't have much time to get ready or can only pack one palette for going away.


This was another gift for Christmas from my mum.  I really wanted a nice lipgloss because I think it's nice when you're up and topping it up to pull out something nice looking from your bag (yeah I'm a bit of a snob like that!).  This one is a really pretty shade too, it's a pale pink with a hint of shimmer so can be worn on it's own over the top of your favourite lippie.


The last product I wanted to tell you about is this bath oil by REN.  I add a little to my bath and it not only smells lovely but leaves your skin really soft which I don't always find with a lot of bath products as I find a lot of them will get diluted by the mass of water in the bath.  It is a bit on the pricey side but a little goes a long way and I generally take showers so will only treat myself to a bath once a week (if I have time!).

That concludes my January favourites.  I hope you enjoyed this post.  Check out my last video showing my January sales haul: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_11Pa5u9dc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUt2bURXIbiN1EG4MPnfNonw

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts