All About My Hair

Those of you that follow my blog or have read previous posts will know that I have keratin bonded hair extensions in so I thought I would give you a little run through of the products I use to maintain them.

Shampoo and Conditioner

To wash my hair I really like to use L'oreal Expert colour shampoo and conditioner.  I buy this at Sally's or Salon Services and it comes in a 750ml bottle which lasts for ages.  I always colour my hair so I prefer to use products that are going to hold the colour in well.

Hair Mask

Once a week I like to apply a hair mask to the ends and length of my hair to really make it soft and healthy looking.  For this I use Boot's Coconut and Almond Intensive Hair Mask which smells amazing, leaves your hair super soft and is a bargain at only £1.99.

Leave In Conditioner

Once I get out the shower I like to spray a bit of TIGI's leave in conditioner through the lengths just to soften it up and make it more easier to brush through any knots.

Hair Tools

I brush my hair through with a Tangle Teezer and dry it with a hairdryer by Revlon.

Hair Oil

Once dry I put a drop of L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary hair oil through the ends and the length of my hair, maybe massaging any excess into the roots as this makes your hair grow quicker.  The oil not only softens and makes my hair shiny but it also acts as a sealant to lock in the goodness and protect it from the baddies in the air (pollution etc)!

Hair Spray

When curling my hair I like to hold it all in place by using TIGI Rockaholic hair spray.  This gives a really firm hold.  My other favourite is L'oreal's Elnett.

Curling Tools

I use a few different tools to curl my hair depending on what type of curl I want.  If I want a big blown out bouncy curls I use heated rollers by Babyliss.  If I want more softer waves I use Remington Pearl curling wand.  Sometimes I like to just do a few curls at the end and I will use my small straighters also by Remington and if I want to straighten my hair I use my big straighters by Nicky Clarke.

Dry Shampoo

If I want to freshen up my hair if I don't have a chance to wash it I like to use Batiste dry shampoo on the roots.  I also use this sometimes to give my hair added volume.

Additional Products

Other products I like to use are the VO5 oomph powder which you put into the roots and massage in for added height.  Then I like to use the VO5 dry texturising spray which is like a mixture between dry shampoo and salt spray.  This is good for spraying though the ends when you want loose beachy waves.  Although this worked better on my hair when I didn't have the extensions as I think my hair is a bit too heavy now!  I also like TIGI's shine spray for a little sparkle :)

Lauren xx


Instagram | Twitter | YouTube - check out my January sales haul: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_11Pa5u9dc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUt2bURXIbiN1EG4MPnfNonw

Comments

Popular Posts