Foundations Review

As I mentioned in my 'What I Bought in America' post I've bought quite a few foundations lately.  I'd say I bought them November/December last year so I feel I've used them enough to give a good review.
 
 
This is one I bought in the States because I'd heard such good things about it from other beauty bloggers and you can't buy it in the UK.  The first thing I noticed before I even bought it was the vast colour selection available.  I went for the shade soft honey but I think I'd like to get a shade darker for when I'm fake tanned.
 
This foundation is quite sheer but buildable if you want more coverage.  The best thing I like about it is that it stays matte for most of the day and I don't feel the need to keep powdering so this makes it perfect for work or long days where I'm running about.  It's a really good drugstore foundation and great for the price.
 
 
This is another one I bought in the States purely because it was cheaper than in the UK and they were doing an offer in Walgreens on Maybelline products.  This also has quite a good shade range and groups them in 100s for light skin, 200s for medium and 300s for dark so you can choose your shade more easily.  I went for 220 which is better for when I'm tanned so I may pick up another in 210.
 
The one thing I don't like about this foundation is that the bottle doesn't have a pump so you have to pour it out which can sometimes get messy.  The finish is quite dewy so may not be suitable for more oily skin types, I have normal to dry skin.  I do have to powder my t-zone but it gives such a beautiful look to my skin, like it's been airbrushed.  It's actually my favourite foundation of the moment.
 
 
 
 
This one I bought from lookfantastic.com as I'd also heard a lot of good things from other bloggers.  I think it's a fairly new foundation and has become quite popular.  It's actually targeted for those with olive skin tones and more oily skin.
 
They only have 5 shades at the moment, maybe they will do more once they realise how popular it is.  I got the shade 200 which is the second to lightest and that matches me perfect.  It has a matte finish so again good for long days or sweaty nightclubs!  I would definitely recommend this foundation and it retails for £12.50 so a good price also.
Do you have any foundation recommendations?  I'm a bit obsessed at the moment!
 
Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts