My Favourite London Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurants

Being a vegetarian I used to find it hard to eat out.  I found there was not a lot of variety back in the day for us veggies and that some restaurants were often confused what being a vegetarian was about.  I once ordered a pasta dish they served up with bacon.  When I asked whether I could have it without the bacon they were like "can't you just pick it out?"  Errr...

However, over the last 5 years I think we have come a long way and now pretty much everywhere offers a vegetarian or even vegan menu and if they don't they'll be more than happy to make you something.  Below I'm sharing with you my favourite vegetarian and vegan restaurants in London.  Enjoy!




Sat between the row of curry houses on Brick Lane which is well known for Indian Cuisine, this curry house is slightly different from the rest in that it caters for the vegetarian Londoners.  If you didn't know curry is Britian's most favoured dish and this restaurant lets you know why!


This one is great because it has a gluten free and vegan menu too.  It's a little bit more on the pricey side but is one for celebrity spotting!  It's also a good place to go if you're seeing a concert at the Hammersmith Apollo, Earl's Court or Alexandra Palace like I did.

Polpo - Soho

Polpo is one of my favourites because it's Italian and I LOVE Italian food.  Set in central London it's a great one to go to before hitting the bars and clubs.  I also love it because you can see your food being prepared and it's not too pricey either.

InSpiral Lounge - Camden

This cafe and bar in set in London cool and gothic area of Camden and inside you'll find true organic and fair trade foods which makes you feel good when eating!  I really like this place if I want somewhere a bit livey but can't be bothered to move onto a bar (although there are loads to choose from in Camden!) as they have a DJ playing Fridays and Saturdays.


This restaurant is strictly vegan and at first I thought they'd have nothing for me.  I love my veggies but sometimes I find vegan food a bit bland (sorry!) but this place proved me wrong.  It had a lot of choice and I ate everything on my plate which doesn't happen often.  Set in swanky Primrose Hill it's a little more pricey but it's worth it for the amazing food backed up bu their awards.



Do you know of any other vegetarian restaurants I can try?

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts