My Birthday At The Ivy

It was my birthday on Saturday just gone and I decided to celebrate at the Ivy Market Grill in Covent Garden, London.  Now that I'm in my late twenties I much prefer to have dinner or brunch with friends rather than going to a club, but that doesn't mean that alcohol wasn't involved!

We booked a table for lunchtime and when we arrived the restaurant was already buzzing and packed full of people.  The decor is very traditional looking with leather seats and dark wooden tables.  The location is right in the heart of Covent Garden so very easy to find which is good as they only hold your table for 15 minutes!




We decided to order a starter rather than a main as we wanted to save room for dessert! I went for the avocado and spinach benedict and we shared a side of truffle and parmesan chips because they are my absolute fave!  We also ordered bellinis to ensure everything was washed down nicely ;)




For dessert I went for the salted caramel chocolate bomb because I have to order anything with caramel in it.  As soon as the waiter poured the hot caramel over the chocolate it started to melt, I wish I'd gotten a video actually, very cool!





As it was my birthday I wanted to dress up a little more than usual so I wore my peach and nude lace playsuit from Missguided with black tights and my navy suede River Island boots which are literally identical to the Stuart Weitzman ones, just FYI ;)  I also freshly dyed my hair that morning using the Black Cherry hairdye from Superdrug.  You can see my full review here.


Lipstick is 'Reckless' by MUA

After our two hour slot was up we have a little browse around the shops and I picked up a gorgeous velvet top from Zara for my holidays which you will definitely see on my Instagram @wonky_lauren.

I would highly recommend the Ivy Market Grill or any of it's sister restaurants; The Ivy Gardens and The Ivy Cafe if you're in London.

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts