American Beauty Haul

I'm finally back from my trip to the States!  So sad, but if there's one thing I do love about being home it's getting to sleep in my own bed.  Nothing beats it hey!

I was out there for 3 weeks so obviously I couldn't resist a little shopping whilst I was there.  CVS, Sephora and Ulta were all at the top of my hit list.

CVS and Walgreens (drugstore)

I love the drugstores in the US, they're so much better than the ones we have in the UK as they seem to have more?  They also have new products that haven't reached the UK yet and offer slightly cheaper prices.



I've always heard really good things about this product and it's so cheap at $3!  It's not too pigmented which I prefer in a bronzer.

I'm not normally a fan of Revlon but I can't seem to resist a liquid lipstick at the moment so when I noticed these and yes I was a sucker for their packaging, I had to pick one up.

These also seem to be new to the drusgtore so I thought I would try one out.  They have quite a lot of colours to choose from and it took me ages to try and pick one of a colour I don't have!



Sephora (high end)


I'm so sad we no longer have a Sephora in the UK, why they would get rid of it I'll never know.  This shop is like the mothership for all things beauty.  What I also love about Sephora is they sell a lot of mini/travel versions of the iconic products so great for travelling or just testing out products.






I have really dry skin, especially in the winter months so I was looking for a new facial moisturiser that would really hydrate.  This one is really good for dry skin.

If you're signed up to Sephora's Beauty Insider where you collect points, they'll give you a free gift during your birthday month.  Luckily my birthday month was the same time I was visiting the States so I was able to pick up my gift which was two mini Nars lip crayons and I love them, especially the red!


I just had to pick this up because Jaclyn Hill is my favourite beauty blogger and I've watched her videos for years now.  If there's one thing she does well it's highlighter and I was not disappointed with this collaboration.

I'd heard so much hype about this foundation I really wanted to get my hands on it.  I've only worn it once on New Year's Eve as it's quite pricey so I don't want to use it for an every day foundation.  It looked really good on the skin and is not too high coverage but buildable.  It also looks great in photos.

This product I discovered from Jaclyn Hill as like me she has really dry skin and swears by it.  I'd actually run out of my other facial oil which I now love to use so hopefully this will work just as well.


Ulta (drugstore and high end)

Ulta is probably my favourite place to shop for beauty in the US because it has both drugstore and high end so I can spend hours and a lot of dollors here!  It's also a great place to buy Nyx makeup which I'm currently coveting over.




Perfect to wear with or without a lip colour underneath

I'd bought a Covergirl foundation on my last trip and it's now become one of my favourites so I couldn't wait to try out this new luminous one.

I'd heard this was quite an iconic colour and as I love wearing nude I picked it up.  It's a great colour that will go with any outfit or eye look.

I'd heard a lot of good things about Covergirl's mascaras and as I was in need of a new one I thought I would try this out.  At the moment I'm not really loving it as it doesn't seem to be as thick as some others and you need to keep putting the brush back in the tube but it does seperate well.

Anastasia Beverley Hills eye shawdow palette in Self Made (not available online)
I saw this online just before I left and knew I had to have it.  It had sold out everywhere in the UK so I was lucky to grab one in the States.  It's such a beautiful palette which a nice mix of colours.  The shades are also really pigmented, creamy and blend well.

I run out of face wipes whilst I was there so I thought I would pick these up.  The grapefruit ones are for dull and tired skin and promise to brighten and refresh!  They are also 95% organic.

Ingrid Nilsen named this as one of her favourite lipsticks of 2015 so for me it was a done deal.  I wore it on my last night and it went so well with my dark hair and outfit as it's a bright red colour.  It matte but still feels creamy on the lips, perfect.

And I think that's pretty much everything!  Can safely say I definitely don't need to do any makeup shopping for a while..

Have you tried any of these products?

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts