Champagne Lifestyle, Lemonade Budget

I can only really speak for myself here but I find I'm often longing for that champagne lifestyle; you know, the designer handbags, fast sports cars, luxury 5* holidays and a walk-in wardrobe.  Except my budget only stretches enough for lemonade.  A girl can dream right?  Okay so it's not that bad, you can put the violins away.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with shopping at the high street, driving around in a Ford Fiesta and taking one holiday a year to Spain but with the way society is these days with our obsession with social media and celebrities plastered over the pages of every glossy magazine, it's no wonder we lust over how the other half live.

It can be achieved though.  Dream big and work hard.  There is honestly no substitution for hard work.  I never did that well at school and didn't know what I wanted to do when I finished but with hard work I'm now training to be a lawyer in the city.  I have a few designer bags, a nice Audi TT and have already been away 3 times this year with another 2 trips booked.




I wrote more about how to be successful in this post but if that's not for you then here are some money saving ways to still have a little taste of that lifestyle.

When it comes to shopping for designer goods, wait for the sales.  I still do that now and is how I bought a couple of my Mulberry bags.  Things will always go on sale eventually and you'll be glad you waited.  One of the best sales of the year is Black Friday which happens at the end of November, I always pick up some great designer bargains then.

If you're looking to get a nice car try to save as much money as you can for a down payment.  Then have a look at second hand cars and barter with the salesman.




If I have a holiday destination in mind then I try to book at least 5-6 months in advance as I find I get the best deals then.  Last year I paid £400 for flights from London to Florida with Virgin.  I also like looking out for last minute deals if I'm not too fussed and fancy a spur of the moment get away.  I bought a return ticket to Germany for £20 last minute.

As for the walk-in wardrobe, I can't help you there.  I don't have one of those but I like having a good clear out of my things every 6 months anyway so I'm not sure I would ever accumulate that many clothes.

Do you have any tips or tricks for living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget?




Lauren xx 

Comments

Popular Posts