A Weekend in Manchester

I went to Manchester for New Year.  My boyfriend has friends there so we thought it would be nice to all get together and do something.  The problem was everyone (especially boys!) was quite unorganised and so nothing really got planned and we ended up staying in.. and playing video games?!  Was more like a boys night in than a celebration but seeing as the girls were outnumbered (2 v 4) we had little choice.



I didn't get to see a whole lot of Manchester because we were only there for one night and spent most of it with friends but what I did see I liked and definitely want to go back.  It's a really chilled out City with a quirky vibe.  It's not what I was expecting.  I thought it might be a bit run down with loud obnoxious people but I was so wrong!

I can see why it attracts young people and there's so much going on and things to do.  For a vegan there were a lot of vegan restaurants that I saw on my Happy Cow app although we stuck with what we know and had Zizzi for dinner and Subway for lunch!  




The train from London only took 2 hours so not bad at all.  I would like to explore more if I went back.  I hear the night life is quite good and they have lots of cool bars and club with live music.  They also have warehouse raves which are kinda my guilty pleasure ;)

Have you been to Manchester?  What else should I do there?

Lauren xx

Follow me here @wonky_lauren

Comments

Popular Posts